Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 09:07 PM

Default Free Hold\'em/Omaha Odds Calculator and Quizzer

This is a post I made in the SSH Book Club thread. I thought I would bump it to its own thread for folks not in the book club.

Here is an Outs and Percentages Calculator/Quizzer I wrote. You will need to install the .NET Framework for it to work, which is available through Windows Update.

You can download it HERE

The Calculator

It defaults to calculating Hold'em odds, but has an option to set it to calculate Omaha odds as well. What makes it unique is that it allows you to calculate partial outs. For instance, if you have a Gutshot Straight Draw (4 outs) and a Backdoor Flush Draw (1.5 outs), you can calculate the percentages and odds for 5.5 outs.

The Quizzer

Randomly gives you outs and asks you to provide the percentages and odds. The percentages are rounded to the nearest percent (35.57%=36%) and the odds are rounded to the nearest one-tenth (1.37=1.4).

I’ve written a Starting Hand Quizzer based on SSH and HPFAP, but would need Ed or David to approve my posting of it due to copyrighted material.

Please, DO NOT PM ME to see if I will send you a copy, because I won’t unless you are Ed, David, or Mason.

<font color="green">New York Jet</font>