Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 03:29 PM

Default best turn line?

how do you extract the most in this hand? i think the question is on the turn but i guess there are other flop options

Ultimate Bet 80/160 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: best turn line?

Check raise the turn. It is certainly risky since a free card stinks, but with the 9 pairing I think villian is betting this turn almost every time.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:08 PM

I would actually Bet/call this turn. Once the nine hits, your hand is not strong enough to checkraise IMO becuz of the time times you get 3 bet by 9x, a hand the villain can easily have given the preflop/flop action. Plus it is possible, but I'll admit rare, that the CO will check behind if he has a hand like JT, Two spades, or a hand like KK that he intended to trap you with by just calling preflop. I realize that most people would not take a free card in this situation but nonetheless it is a factor that leans me towards bet/calling this turn.

Also, I wouldve 3 bet the flop in this situation just becuz there are so many turn cards that may lead me to cancel my turn checkraise strategy.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:13 PM

IMO you are giving up youre turn c/r way too often. THe guy probably has an ace.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO you are giving up youre turn c/r way too often. THe guy probably has an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right, on this board, I might be giving up on checkraising the turn too often, which is why I would 3 bet the flop and lead the turn. As long as I get extra money in on one street I am satisfied with the results.

It is possible though that I may be 3betting the flop/leading the turn too much in relation to calling the flop raise and checkraising the turn. But I am Ok with this leak. When im OOP, I will usually play my hands faster than normal.