Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Unimproved AQo Vs. Lead

[ QUOTE ]
Raise, call, or fold the flop. It doesn't really matter. You definitely shouldn't do the same thing every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean do the same thing every time. I meant shouldn't I play AQ and KK/AA more than one way here, and do them with both, to mix it up?

AZK, your standard line is to just fold flop? Sounds good, probably should've, but I felt he was fairly weak.

Anyway, I bet $220 on turn and he check-minraised me. Ugh. What a mess I got myself into.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:29 PM

I wouldn't say it's my standard, but I tend to try and go after every pot anyway, so cutting back on hands like this one probably would add a lot to my bottom line.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:03 PM

Before i read the hand, i thought to myself "folding is probably best here" After reading the hand, i agree with myself
Old 12-29-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before i read the hand, i thought to myself "folding is probably best here" After reading the hand, i agree with myself

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any insight you can give that'd help me? Or was it just a random hunch? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any insight you can give that'd help me? Or was it just a random hunch? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leading out is probly the easiest way to stack an overpair. He didn't stack you but he got a healthy chunk.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, you are going to win a smallish pot, or be put to the test where you have to 2 or 3 barrel bluff into a hand that often has you drawing to runners already.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:56 AM

Why would you want to raise with AA or KK here... think about it...

If he has trips, you're drawing slim. If he has a lower pair, he's drawing to two outs... so why would you want to blow him off his hand by raising. Call and let him check the turn, you can check back. Then... call/bet river to win a small pot with your overpair. You also allow him to bluff by calling. Calling with an overpair is standard. Raise only if you're certain he'll call you with all lower pairs.

FOlding is best.

Calling is fine if you have a read that hes weak and will fold low pairs. Raising here always seems to get a call or a reraise, which is not what you want with overcards.