Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Getting it in gooooood or bad? 25-50 NL

Six max table.

I have been opening tons of pots because thats what I like to do, not sure if that's right. I think I'm winning the information war and like my spot. I'll probably get paid off more than I'll pay off and win my share of small pots but will give a few up when played back at.

I have 4500. Other player is John Travolta and very tight. However, I'm sure he thinks I a loose aggro donk (and probably right) and will go too far with one pair against me.

I raise the pot UTG+2 w/ 87d. Two players call.

Flop is Qc 7h 8h. I bet the pot, middle guy folds, Travolta way over pushes. I call.

Anyone lay this down here? The way overpush annoys me as it makes me hard to be way ahead most of the time but I still figure to be ahead almost always, if only a small fave, am I wrong?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Getting it in gooooood or bad? 25-50 NL

perfect.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:46 PM

This is different than last hand you posted, feels like a fold to me. You said this guy was tight; does that mean he won't call your raise with a hand like 9Ts? If so, than your probably behind to a set (most likely) or slightly ahead of an overpair (less likely). However, if he is willing to call with suited connectors, and you've been tenacious with your made hands (as I think you said you'd been), then he might be frustrated at not being able to semibluff for normal and overpush here on only a draw. If he does call with suited connectors (or even suited aces) AND you feel hes been getting frustrated recently, you could justify a call. Otherwise, you beat very little, and then not by much. Fold.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:50 PM

Definitly call IMO. It is very common for people to play big draws like this T9h, Axh, etc... and with your table image, he could easily have something like AQ and think you'll simply payoff with worse and are not likely to have a better hand. I think you have very rarely behind when he pushes like that given your descriptions.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 PM

I was all happy at AZKs post until I realised it was not directed at me. Please explain where my reasoning went wrong.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:00 PM

GGB laid it all out.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:22 PM

Don't lay it down- it's very unlikely villain has a better made hand, he's either pushing a draw or AQ/overpair. You failed to mention Travolta's position BTW, that's somewhat important.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:57 PM

I call like it's the nuts.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:02 PM

tight nits in general don't put everything in with 1 pair. This is rare unless he is shortstacked. He's got a big hand and sees a number of draws out there so he pushes (other hand would be like QhAh or QhKh type) I'm going against the crowd and say lean towards a fold.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:06 PM

everyone calling with AA too?