Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-23-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Satellite bubble spot

Down to 6 players in WPT Bay 101 sat on Paradise. 2 seats awarded; 6th gets zilch, 5th gets $1.5k up to 3rd place $3.8k.

Blinds 2k//4k 200 ante, if I remember right.
Hero is small stack w 16k and in the CO. BB is next smallest with 20k; SB is 3rd small, rest are biggish, up to mebbe 60k. The 3 players behind have been reasonably tight facing raises.

hero is folded to in aforementioned CO and is looking at T5.

Hero pushes. Would you have..?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Satellite bubble spot

[ QUOTE ]
Down to 6 players in WPT Bay 101 sat on Paradise. 2 seats awarded; 6th gets zilch, 5th gets $1.5k up to 3rd place $3.8k.

Blinds 2k//4k 200 ante, if I remember right.
Hero is small stack w 16k and in the CO. BB is next smallest with 20k; SB is 3rd small, rest are biggish, up to mebbe 60k. The 3 players behind have been reasonably tight facing raises.

hero is folded to in aforementioned CO and is looking at T5.

Hero pushes. Would you have..?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough spot. I understand where you are coming from in that if you wait for one of next two hands (UTG+1 on next hand, and UTG on hand after that) any push has to go through more players and the BB on said push will be a big stack.

Wow, at first I was going to say I don't push but looking at the table setup on this hand I would push. Although you may get a better hand over the next two hands back-to-back folds going into your BB would be a disaster.

Greg H.