Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Hand from 2+2 table last night

[ QUOTE ]
yeah my cap would be 1/2 6max as i'm finally 500BB rolled for 2/4 i don't want to sink 50BB of that in a 3/6 game [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

2+2 games can be at assorted limits. For those of us that play 5/10, it helps us play better because the money actually means something. We aren't as inclined to hopelessly bluff 3-bet rivers and such (well at least that's supposed to be the idea). I have no problem playing .5/1 games though from time to time. This one just happened to be 3/6 b/c when jba posted, that seemed to be around what the interest was.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2+2 games can be at assorted limits. For those of us that play 5/10, it helps us play better because the money actually means something. We aren't as inclined to hopelessly bluff 3-bet rivers and such (well at least that's supposed to be the idea). I have no problem playing .5/1 games though from time to time. This one just happened to be 3/6 b/c when jba posted, that seemed to be around what the interest was.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment always befuddles me. And it happens so much.

As 2+2ers, it is presumed we have excellent discipline and self-control at the game of poker. It should matter little whether we bet $1 chips or $10 chips, as we are all attempting to play our A-game.

Do people on this board really lack the discipline to play their game at lower limits? Surely once you've decided to play against a table of 2+2ers (a -EV move from the start) you've sacrificed any notion of playing "seriously" (i.e. only for financial gain).

And if people go into spaztard bluff 3betting rivers, then it's another aspect of the game for people to adjust to in a controlled environment.

If the bottom line is people don't want to play .5/1 SH, that's fine, but the "i won't take it seriously" excuse is soooo tiresome...
Old 12-13-2005, 08:07 AM

Peter - I think ones EGO affects it though. with .5/1 i think alot of "us" want to bluff other 2+2ers out of pots and are obviously more willing to risk it.

We have had serious 0.02/.04 micro 10max games(I used to post setting these up fairly often). However they develop into lag fest eventually.

I think .5/1 or 1/2 would be good, maybe .5/1 as it would allow EVERYONE from .5/1 up to 100/200 if they really wanted to(LOL). Where as 1/2 or 3/6 may exclude some new guys.

What site? party? I've got a bonus to clear there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] or maybe prima :P?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:24 AM

lol i like eurobet or UB as that's where my bonuses are. But i'm willing to play .5/1 party without a bonus or rakeback just to play you pimps and playas.

Pete
Old 12-13-2005, 08:50 AM

I figure the pots will be massive, anyone up for some 6max right now?

Prima... Im bonus clearing prima so...
Old 12-13-2005, 08:53 AM

no goot, i am only on the gaming club and have cashed out there until the next OIC. Sorry dude.

Maybe late tonight (early evening ET) is a poss. I'll keep an eye out for a thread, maybe start my own if i'm awake and sober. Well, soberish.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:55 AM

Prima has good rake structure and a private table option. I'll be up for this.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment always befuddles me. And it happens so much.

As 2+2ers, it is presumed we have excellent discipline and self-control at the game of poker. It should matter little whether we bet $1 chips or $10 chips, as we are all attempting to play our A-game.

Do people on this board really lack the discipline to play their game at lower limits? Surely once you've decided to play against a table of 2+2ers (a -EV move from the start) you've sacrificed any notion of playing "seriously" (i.e. only for financial gain).

And if people go into spaztard bluff 3betting rivers, then it's another aspect of the game for people to adjust to in a controlled environment.

If the bottom line is people don't want to play .5/1 SH, that's fine, but the "i won't take it seriously" excuse is soooo tiresome...

[/ QUOTE ]

your comment makes a lot of sense on a rational level but the fact is most of us are GAMBOOOOOLERS and taking what you said a step further, we should just play on play money tables and save the rake.

that said, the rake in this game was obscene and I would definitely jump in a .5/1 game if someone started one up
Old 12-13-2005, 12:35 PM

I'm posting without reading replies. On the river, I think the best play is c/c.

Rest of the hand looks good to me, given your description of yourself.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As 2+2ers, it is presumed we have excellent discipline and self-control at the game of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I certainly believe this is assuming far too much.

[ QUOTE ]
Surely once you've decided to play against a table of 2+2ers (a -EV move from the start)

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't necessarily believe this is -EV just because the table is 2+2'ers.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no problem playing .5/1 games from time to time. The truth of the matter is though, whether we like to admit it or not, we don't play the same game when the money doesn't affect us. That is not ideal, but it takes incredible discipline to actually view it as bets as opposed to money. I play differently at 3/6 than I do at 10/20. I try my best to focus on it as a regular game, but it does get out of hand sometimes. That being said, I have never played a 5/10 2+2 game, and I actaully was getting somewhat out of line at the 3/6 game the other night. Perhaps it's just the nature of a 2+2 game in general, and knowing you can't beat them just by playing ABC TAG poker.