Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Re: AKo in the CO

Image questions aside, I don't think that folding the flop here is bad, for many of the reasons you listed. But I do think that there is value in peeling, albeit very slight value if so.

Yes, it's very possible that you could be drawing to only the runner runner straight, and at the same time having to dodge another spade. But it's also possible that MP1 has QQ & nobody has the flush draw, or that MP1 has picked up on the loose/terrible read Hero has on the two other opponents and is trying to bull Hero over with an AK of his own, or that MP1 got up to take a whiz and his 8 year-old son grabbed the mouse and started betting. Okay, maybe not the last one so much, but you get my drift. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It's a very close call either way, and like I said, I don't think there's anything wrong with folding either. But I take one off here.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:05 AM

ill give you that, if you were to peel one you would definately be able to make a better decision on the turn based on the turn action.

as far as your last possiblity, ive had a cat jump on my keyboard and raise with T4o UTG so its not REALLY all that far fetched [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 05:11 AM

I argue that winning a big fat pot via runner runner straight is lot more fun than hitting the fold button.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:59 PM

This hand was played by GoT. He folded. The original thread can be found here.

From that thread:

"The problem with giving myself full overcard outs based on his range of hands is that 1/3 of my overcard outs give redraws to anyone with any spade. Couple that with the times that I hit an overcard that isn't good anyway and my sucky reverse implied odds when that happens and I think I have a fold."

"My pro's are my good pot odds. My con's are facing a capping hand, having strong redraws against 1/3 of my outs and still very live redraws against the others, and my really crappy reverse implied odds when I hit and am no good. If you think the pro's outweigh the cons, you should call. I didn't, so I folded."