Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-09-2005, 08:21 PM

Default AA hand, big pot

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero..</font>

Villian is semi-loose aggressive. I have two choices on the turn. Bet for value and hope I get paid off by a middle pair or some other help on the board, or check and call a river bet or bet if checked to. The downside of betting the turn is if I get checkraised, I'm put to a decision. I have to give MP2 credit for hand when calling on that very dry flop, but then again, sometimes you have no idea what people are calling with.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: AA hand, big pot

...grunch...

Assuming you are going to showdown anyway, I would check the turn. The reason is that by checking you induce bluffs from weaker hands on the river when it is unlikely your turn bet would be called by a worse hand here.

But, it really depends on the other player. If you have seen them call down with underpairs you would probably be better off betting the turn.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:28 PM

i bet/fold. "semi-loose aggressive" is not enough for me to spend two more bets to show down in this pot if he check raises.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:28 PM

autobets
Old 12-09-2005, 09:01 PM

&lt;grunch&gt; I would bet here and be willing to fold to a C/R the pot isn't big enough to be commited to stick around for my two last A's
Old 12-09-2005, 09:26 PM

This would be a bad no bet. Expect to see TT-88 calling down here a bunch of the time.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:34 PM

Bet/fold? You don't think we're good 1/6 times against a "semi-loose aggressive"? No chance he check/raises with [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s or 98?

I'm calling down.

And i'm betting this turn because i don't like it when kittens/babies die needlessly.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:49 PM

You think he is calling on the flop with 98? and only hope of runner runner, that is extremely loose, not semi-loose. Same for the BDFD unless he's got like Ax [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which he can't cause we hold the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. We showed aggression PF so he can expect us to lead out the flop against his trip K's and we do so he can expect us to bet out again on the turn and then he CR with the K.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You think he is calling on the flop with 98? and only hope of runner runner, that is extremely loose, not semi-loose. Same for the BDFD unless he's got like Ax [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which he can't cause we hold the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. We showed aggression PF so he can expect us to lead out the flop against his trip K's and we do so he can expect us to bet out again on the turn and then he CR with the K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so maybe it's wishful thinking that he picked up a draw on the turn *and* that he will check/raise that draw. Without a read, i still think Villain is doing something stupid 1/6 times, and we have an overpair, so i'm calling down.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have two choices on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure: you can bet/call or bet/fold.

A loose villain (postflop read?) has a PP that isn't KK, sooooted cards, or one of the two remaining aces (maybe A6 sooooooted) plenty enough to go for the value.

If he hasn't been too tricky, I wouldn't feel bad releasing my hand against a checkraise. Otherwise I'm going to the river with it.