Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: I love my girl but I love poker more

[ QUOTE ]
I am having the same problem. My current "girlfriend" has told several times to choose between her and poker. I don't get off my 8 tables... She don't leave. However, she bitches alot and it annoys me. Whats my line? slap her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried giving her a good 'ol kick in nuts?
Old 11-26-2005, 09:23 PM

Get some of that date rape drug, roofies, and drug her. Then go play poker.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without reading the rest of this thread, I think the fact that you see a problem worthy of message board intervention here indicates that you're better off not being in a romantic relationship. Relating to another requires sacrifice. If you're not capable of sacrificing a juicy game, that's not necessarily something to be ashamed of. However, wasting her time and her emotions when she really doesn't mean that much to you is something to be ashamed of.

Do both of you a favor. Break up. Focus on poker. One day after you've made a fortune at cards, you may decide you want to pursue less self-centered parts of life. Or you may never reach that point. Either way, you're not there now, and it's only fair to her to admit it.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:39 AM

If you are a good player just buy her stuff and tell her that poker got her that necklace, purse, flowers etc. If you aren't making large amounts of cash I would suggest you continue to have sex with your girlfriend and realize that poker is a fun hobby and will not make up for more important things in life.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:27 AM

I can't imagine even bothering to date someone who I would rate 2nd to poker.

If I actually rated poker higher than the girl I was dating then that means that the girl is so intensely annoying I shouldn't be dating her in the first place.

Holdiay time....
and haven't seen your girl for awhile I would guess...
and you want to sit around and play cards instead of getting laid?

Huh?
Old 12-09-2005, 08:28 AM

Oooo, I know how this feels... well, ok not quiet. the problem was there but I would always choose my (late) girlfiend instead of one hot game. However, she say it and we sat down to have a good discussion. Basically, she would want more quality time doing what she wanted to do... and in return I got to show her how to play poker. We still play together quiet well, her winning one of our home tournments, even though we broke up of compleatly unrelated issues (fact: Girlfriend suddenly realising she's gay is NOT as good as it sounds) and we enjoy eachs other company at the poker tables both socially and competativly.

Why don't you try givin' her a few sessions, and then teach her how to play poker. SHe might fall in love with the game and you'd have a relationship where you can both climax when you flop the nuts and cripple the deck.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:23 AM

Your girlfriend should clearly dump you for being such an ass. That's my advice.