Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 10:54 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: Fun with AKs

One of the lasting things in my mind that Tommy posted on a particularly overplayed AK ny yours truelly.

"Just because I raised does not obligate me to bet."
Old 12-08-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm not so sure about the flop bet either, in retrospect. My reasoning was that betting might thin the field some (although probably only folding hands that I don't mind sticking around), and I could shoot for a free card if the turn didn't hit me. I also reasoned that I could get some good information out of the bet, as a raise or check/raise probably means that I'm way, way behind (although MP1 knows enough to check/raise that big a field with a flush draw).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that good old information raise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But since you really must call a raise (a raise that's actually quite likely) it still sucks, further making a flop check the correct play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 11:23 PM

I just don't know what a flop bet will get you here. CO is passive, and can't be counted on to raise (although he has to have something decent - he called 4 cold!)

I think my plan would be to check the flop, hope it gets checked through, and then hope for a bet from someone in front, so I could raise the turn.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:59 AM

If I thought there was a chance I could win this hand UI, I like the flop bet.

I don't think that's the case. I check the flop.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:30 AM

I'm pretty sure that y'all are right--betting on the flop wasn't really a good idea given the cast of characters I was up against and the size of the pot. Just call it a reflex, k? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I got bailed out on the turn--CO bet, BB & UTG+2 folded, and MP1 check/raised allowing me to fold in good conscience. MP1 had turned a set of sevens, while CO called down with TT (river was an offsuit 8).