Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Folding QQ preflop for me is like folding KK preflop for you

[ QUOTE ]
If you were deeper, and had a significant read, I could find a fold here. In this spot, I'd never fold. (push)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, so what range do you give villain?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pushing here...it's possible but not likely that he's making a squeeze play...i doubt it but it's possible...your M is <10...gonna need to start making a move...excellent chance here to get some chips with the 3rd best starting hand

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you are right. you have the 3rd best starting hand of the 3 remaining players. obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant the 3rd best starting hand in hold'em....
Old 12-08-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you were deeper, and had a significant read, I could find a fold here. In this spot, I'd never fold. (push)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, so what range do you give villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this kind of depends on the buy in, but I personally am not putting him on AA/KK. I play mostly $20's and $30 buyins (though I have just started playing MTT's again recently) and you're gonna see AK, AQ, AJ, JJ, TT here a lot I think. The small raise rather than a push kind of worries me, but maybe he's just a donkey.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:07 AM

I pretty much agree with everyone. But in addition to the re-raisor the cold-caller ALREADY had me slightly concerned even before the re-raisor because the cold caller had not been calling many raises and just called off half 1/3 his chips. I thought it wasn't out of the question that 1 of the 2 had me beat. But given the stack sizes it doesn't really matter.

Like I said in the title if anything I'm even LESS likely to fold QQ preflop than most which is why I was making sure I wasn't out of wack here.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:15 AM

I just realized Villain raised to 6500 to put the shortie who coldcalled the initial raise all-in. I guess that makes TT-JJ, AK, and even AQ or AJ more likely. I guess that makes it a push.