Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-07-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Overpair to Double Paired Board, What Line?

OK, here's how I played it (and I'm still not sure I like it but I'm not sure I like the bet/fold line either). My thinking was I could check & call the river for the same cost as bet/fold (and I would have to fold to a CR) and get a showdown. I also planned to fold to a bet+raise on the river. I understand the reluctance to give a free card but they AREN'T folding even if I bet so I don't see what I'm saving by giving a free card. If a real scare cards comes on the river (like the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) I would have folded to a bet anyway. This seemed like a good time to take a cheap showdown. I hate overcalling on the river but based on my reads it seemed the thing to do based on how I played the rest of the hand (and the fact I've seen mp2 call down busted draws). Any final thoughts or criticisms of my play?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 12-07-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Overpair to Double Paired Board, What Line?

I think I can overcall that board also getting 8.75:1 and closing the action. With your not betting the turn, both of these guys may think that their ace splits the pot.

I would guess you avoided the C/R on the turn and UTG+1 needs to bet to get some value from his KQ limp-in.

I absolutely wouldn't have played any street any differently. Just a [censored] board and no real way to extract value from your KK holding pre-flop.

nh.