Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em

Old 12-07-2005, 12:54 PM

Default bad runs/streaks

ive been playin online poker for a little under 2 years now, starting from 2/4 and now playing at 10/20 & 15/30. ive had ups and downs of course and i have won 20K playing online during this time.
however, recently ive been running real bad. ive had 3 consecutive losing months, which is a first (not big amounts but still a negative for the month) i took a couple of weeks off of poker just to let things cool off and came back and continued to lose. it feels like i dont know how to play anymore. i moved down in limits over this time and still lose. right now my confidence is shot, cards arent coming my way, i feel like im playing bad, im getting bad beats, etc.
i know i am a winning player but right now it seems like i cant do anything right. any recommendations/suggestions for someone in this situtation?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: bad runs/streaks

do you have pokertracker? If you do review your hands, your bad run is probably a result of a bad run of card combined with you not playing at the top of your game. If you dont have pokertracker get it NOW. You didnt say how many hands you played in these 3 months, but you said you feel like you are playing bad. A bad run of cards can make anyone feel like they are playing bad, and can very well make you play bad, and continue to play bad when you are no longer running bad. As I said, use PT if you have it, look over hands and find your mistakes.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:42 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you are likely a very marginal winning player. the problem with being a marginal winner is you will face some pretty horrific downswings
Old 12-07-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are likely a very marginal winning player. the problem with being a marginal winner is you will face some pretty horrific downswings

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be me.