Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-06-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Melch Vs Vegas (Day One)

I roll into town around 2-3pm and meet up with my mom who flew into town. After struggling to escape the horror which is the Aladins shopping area, I go play 3/6 at the alladin. I get goot cards and am up 120 before I go grab dinner with the folks. The dealers at the Alladin were good, and I can say this because I can't remember any particular events. This is a good sign, if I remember something about a person's dealing it means he/she has done something that bothered me.

Off to dinner, The buffet is good, but you probably don't care about the food.

My mom wants to play Video Poker so I sit down and show her how to play. I play myself. Jacks or Better MultiStrike poker. I get up over 100 bucks. getting quad dueces 2 times which was good, both my parents do well in it. I get sick of video poker, so I go back to the poker room.

OH MY GOD I SUCK AT SHORT HANDED. 3/6 Ok maybe not, but dear lord the variance sucks at 3 and 4 handed. Well at least no rake. I get confused on what to do when they are capping preflop. It is easy to fold alot in full ring, ah well. I can handle 6m, but 3m is something I should avoid for a while. so -160 on that session. I leave mainly for fear of tilt. (I fully accept the possibility I was tilting already in that session).

Melch Beats Vegas (Barely) in Day One.

Melch