Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Who\'s Trapping Who?

PS $3r to 500k, no read on vilian as he was moved to table last hand. Just into level 6, so there's a LONG way to go. I'm behind average by a couple of thousand and behind to most of the table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero (t7900)
MP1 (t12930)
MP2 (t19680)
CO (t2545)
Button (t15995)
SB (t9415)
BB (t12150)
UTG (t12500)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls t400.

Flop: (t1300) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

ok, I know this is an extremely unconventional line, but I feel this was a good spot for a trap heads-up. Vilians range is rather large, the board isn't that scary heads-up and if he buys into it, my play looks like an AK whiff weak-tight check. I might be able to take down a bit nicer pot with a raise on the Turn.

Turn: (t1300) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1800</font>, BB calls t1200.

I get exactly what I want but he doesn't seem to be playing along with my plan....

River: (t4900) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks.

Hero???

ok, there's T4900 in the middle and I've got T5500 behind. I could still have the best hand but if not...I increse my stack by 50% if I take it down, is this a WAWB situation? Does betting here really gain me anything? Check behind and hope for the best?

Comments on all streets appreciated, flamesuit on, Thanks!
Old 12-03-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Who\'s Trapping Who?

Lead the flop you girlie woman. This is not the time to give away free cards. Make it t1000.

On the turn, I like the raise. On the river, Im leading t3500.

Edit: Actually, I'm just pushing the river. You are commited to a raise with a bet of t3500.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:23 PM

I dont like checking with JJ here on the flop, too many overcards can hurt you, but whatever. I'd probably raise a little more on the turn, like to 2500. River I bet 2k, you'll get called by Q7 because "he read you for AK." And all river situations are WA/WB, do you see why?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:24 PM

In general, I don't like the flop check. I think that he will look you up for a bet of around 600 with almost any pair, draw, or even overcards. Define his holding a little bit better, you said it yourself: he has a large range.

As played, you got your perfect turn card, I like the raise, and I should think that you want a call. I'd bet 2k for value on the river, call a push.

[ QUOTE ]
And all river situations are WA/WB, do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Thanks for the replies, and ok, I'm just waking up....dumb wawb comment on my part.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Lead the flop you girlie woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't not bet the flop 'cause I'm a puss, but thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the rest!