Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:28 PM

Default CREAM Reunion Tour

I'm not one for "reunion" tours, especially when the group in question is as old as my father but this band was one of the better bands of the 60's that I always liked. Looking forward to the concert tomorrow, anyone else going to the garden tomorrow night?

for those who have never heard of these guys i would definitly take a listen to the album above called Disraeli Gears

a brief history of CREAM (via wikipedia):
Celebrated as the first of the great power trios of rock, their sound was characterised by a melange of blues and psychedelia, combining Clapton's mastery of the genre with the airy voice of Jack Bruce and, at times, manic rhythms of Ginger Baker. The drug-addled imagery and ambience of the time abounds. Cream epitomised the high energy sound of the time, anchored in a familiar blues style; from the traditional classics such as "Crossroads" and "Born Under a Bad Sign," through more eccentric imagery found in "Strange Brew" and "Tales of Brave Ulysses," and culminating in the protracted indulgences of "Spoonful" and "Toad". Their biggest hits were "Sunshine of Your Love" and "White Room."

Along with The Grateful Dead, Cream are considered the first jam band. The group improvised constantly in concert, with songs regularly surpassing the 20 minute mark. The band is also considered a pioneer of heavy metal music.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: CREAM Reunion Tour

I saw them at their first show in London in may(?). It was the night they filmed the recently released DVD show. It was awesome.

My parents are going up for the monday and tuesday show.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:41 PM

sounds good, question:

Was it mostly a "best of" with jams thrown all over the place?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:12 PM

Bump, anyone own the reunion DVD? Thinking about buying it.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bump, anyone own the reunion DVD? Thinking about buying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tonite I caught about 20-30 minutes of the Royal Albert Hall concert on PBS HD (I assume this is the same as the DVD you're talking about). The video and audio quality was stunning. When I closed my eyes it sounded like the drums were in my living room.

I know next to nothing about Cream other than a couple of songs, but I enjoyed the little that I saw and I'm definitely interested in seeing more of it. I'm gonna look to see when it airs again. Assuming the DVD has the same 5.1 mix, it would probably be worth owning for that aspect alone.

Oh yeah - and Clapton was silky smooth.