Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-27-2005, 10:28 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Wonderful situation....

[ QUOTE ]
How on earth were you incapable of stopping the action before they could complete the betting on the flop AND on the turn???

--Were you playing in a foreign country, and not fluent in their language?

--Were you choking on something? Was something lodged in your throat?

Good thing you folded, because if I'm the floor, I'm killing your hand, anyway, for failing to protect your action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right or wrong, killing my hand wouldn't have gone over too well. My reputation, the dealer and the players would've backed me that I did try like hell to protect my action. I was very vocal. I simply wasn't given any time to act.

Yes, it did actually feel like I was in a foreign country in this situation. It was ridiculous. Surreal, really. It was as if I wasn't even in the hand is how fast it occurred. I'm also known as one of the 'fastest' players in there in regards to acting on a hand. As I said, everyone was still enamored with coming close to hitting the JP, dealer included. The dealer didn't even look my direction even with bets on that side as they were talking with the loser of that hand until they burned for the river. 2 streets and no sign of even looking to that side of the table. It was fully, and completely a dealer error.

This situation being that rare, rather than indulge in a big clusterf*ck centered around me, which I had every right to do, I'd rather just fold it.

It was really unbelievable how it occurred.

b
Old 11-27-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play live much, but if you will need more then a couple seconds to act, then shouldn't you call "time" to protect your turn? Or is there something else you guys do instead of calling "time"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. However, this doesn't apply in this situation. I was skipped over that fast. I didn't get a couple of seconds. And yes, my cards were easily visible.

b
Old 11-27-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bernie,

Floding was a really classy move and talking the walk was rather wise as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well done,

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jimbo.

Nice to see ya back on the boards.

b
Old 11-28-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bernie,

Folding was a really classy move and taking the walk was rather wise as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
There is no floding in poker and you can't talk a walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

DAMN! Busted by the typing police again! I hate it when that happens! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad thing is that I still fcked it up.
FMP.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:23 AM

Default The ruling...For completeness..

Tonight I asked the main floor about what the ruling would've been. He wanted to know the name of the dealer, but I assured him(without giving the name) the dealer was good and not to worry about it. Apparently they keep track of dealer screw ups and such.

Anyways, I would've been allowed to only call or fold the flop. Then a new turn would be brought(no burn) and I could then bet or check. However, now that I think of it, I'm not sure if that means the others would be able to act in front of me on the turn again. I'll assume so since it would be a new card. I'll have to ask him about that.

Anyways, there ya go.

b
Old 11-28-2005, 09:53 AM

Let's assume the flop bettor held 66 and if reshuffled the turn is A. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You did good especially in not showing the table how angry you were. What limit was this?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's assume the flop bettor held 66 and if reshuffled the turn is A. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You did good especially in not showing the table how angry you were. What limit was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

10-20

The flop bettor was the preflop raiser from the BB. Given how he played, he had AK. An A on the re-turn would've sucked. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b