Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Has Bellagio Gone Trailer Park?

A group of my friends just got back from Vegas. They stayed at Bellagio. I had told them before they left how much I like playing poker at Bellagio, at Mirage and at Wynn. The reviews were not good from the friends. One guy said that the Bellagio poker room...this is two weeks ago...looked like a bus station hangout for underfunded winos the one night. They all said that the clientelle were a little on the south side of sleaze street during their three day visit.

What gives? Has there been a change in one of the classiest rooms in the world, or do I owe my friends a boot in the balls? I am hoping they they are full of crap. I will be back soon to check it out for myself (six months is my maximum break from Vegas, otherwise I break out in hives).
Old 11-24-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Has Bellagio Gone Trailer Park?

Lets hope not I'll be there Jan 5th-??? I'm hoping it's not like that at all. Last time I was in Vegas I played there and loved the atmosphere and the games
Old 11-24-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One guy said that the Bellagio poker room...this is two weeks ago...looked like a bus station hangout for underfunded winos the one night

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't really matter where you all, if you look past the rolex's and the versaci, this is what you'll see in most poker rooms across the world.

I just hope they haven't changed the sleeve rule...

lf
Old 11-24-2005, 05:13 PM

Poker players are among the worst dressed and groomed people in the world. Your friends described every room I've ever been in. Did you expect players at the Bellagio to be wearing suits?
Old 11-25-2005, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your friends described every room I've ever been in

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part, that has been my experience too. The worst was in Vegas at Mirage where the guy beside me, who looked like Keith Richards after a bender, passed out and pissed himself. (last May 24th if anyone was there. the staff never skipped a beat, just ignored him)

Suits? Not really. My friends were talking about creatures from the old Binions at 6am on a Monday...real piss-stained, red-eyed dirt munchers. Bellagio liked to brag about how classy a joint they run. I think that's history.

And I dare someone to come up with an uglier crowd than those cast-offs from the Star Wars bar who fart their way through the night at Greektown in Detroit. It's less intimidation than sanitation.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:23 PM

I was at the mirage a few times during that timeframe...

I remember being there and some old black guy who looked homeless (not Alixx - LOL) was hanging out after he lost his dough, asking the waitresses for the whiskeys - looking lost -

Someone later told me he was waiting for the 5am sandwiches.

I'm half thinking of wearing a suitcoat and shirt and looking styling in Vegas - just to see how people play me if they do so differently -

RB
Old 11-25-2005, 01:47 PM

Look man, it never hurts to kick someone in the nuts, just in case. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As for bellagio, there are degerate trailer trashy people everywhere, even in my favorite rooms, and even in bellagio. The difference is that I generally don't like bellagio because they generally treat you like **** in there compared to other rooms that have the limits I want to play. So I play elsewhere. Some poker players are just degenerate scumbags, it's a fact that is unavoidable.

But then if you want degenerates, you could be at the simulcasting hub underneath the bridge in philadelphia....

al
Old 11-25-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Someone later told me he was waiting for the 5am sandwiches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching the free early morning food stampede in any poker room makes me feel like I've witnessed the UN coming to relieve famine.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've witnessed the UN coming to relieve famine.

[/ QUOTE ]

You win. Nice hand.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've witnessed the UN coming to relieve famine.

[/ QUOTE ]

You win. Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Made me fall out of my chair laughing!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] nh, sir.