Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Some 50/100 hands. mostly boring

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 I dont like. I know its tough to give him a real hand since his open limp shouldnt hit that board very often, but it just seems like too much action with a bad hand. If he limped with a suited ace he isnt folding to your checkraise, and he might even get stuborn with a king. These guys live to call down, especially around the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if we can decide he wont fold Acelittle it's def a bad play. If i was watching this hand play out and i wondered what percentage of the time a player will fold acelittle there i'd guess at about 20%. So given he could have Acebig and KingRandom it was a bad play. He told me he had K6s and then said 'i smelt you had bad cards', i asked if he has some type of new internet service that sends you smells and he told me to shut up and improve my game.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3 is just a uncomfotable spot, and I dont think there is any right or wrong way to play it. Sometimes I check call the turn, sometimes I check fold, and sometimes I bet. I think your line is good as a default. Im kinda torn between betting and checking the river. He didnt three bet you out of the bb, so it makes it a little less likely he has an ace or a small pair he wants to show down. Im thinking K9 K10 109 are fairly likely so a check call is better VS those hands, but there are certainly some worse hands he could call with that he will check behind so Im not sure. I could go either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reallly struggling to read this hand because i can't remember the last time i was HU button vs blind or blind vs blind and the flop and turn were just called. It seems like he has 44 or weak ace. So i like the river bet. The turn though since it seems to always be getting raised there once they call the flop i should be considering going bet-call-call with ace high against many draws.

He had TJo and got the max.

Thanks for all the replies.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:40 AM

I have yet to read any responses for this window has been open for a while. Here are my thoughts...

I don't like the limp reraise with ak. This tends to build to big of a pot and anyone you let get in cheap who hits the flop will be drawing against you. I do not like the raise on the river. The three bet on the turn to me means you need to hit your hand. Hitting an A or K is just enought to call the river IMO.

Hand 2
Not sure I like your preflop raise. I dont hate it but dont like it. Your play on the flop is fine but I hate the c/r on the turn. I don't think this was the best spot to take a shot. His limp preflop is scary and the pot isnt that large. I would have checked and folded knowing you got a chance to make your straight. He has too many things that beat you. A raise on the flop must be an ace or king and maybe two pair or a set.

Hand 3

I like your plays on all streets except for the river. What hand do you want him to call you with? I'd check and call hoping him to bluff or bet his worse hand. He'd have to call you with a hand better than an 8 right?

I'm excited to see what everyone else writes...

Brian R
Old 11-25-2005, 04:06 AM

Hand 1: youve only got one person to act behind you, so its not a bad play if youre trying to take it away from him(assuming he wont lead a T in an unraised 4 way pot, which is a good assumption). Obviously following through with the turn raise. Nice fold on the river I guess. I dont know if I could do it, getting the odds, but you have represented the flush, have the nut card, and he doesnt care. Seems like a fold if he is not a nut.

Hand 2. Guys who open limp weak aces in the cutoff dont fold them when they hit. Ever. I didnt do the math, but if you think you can blow him off K rag, or 44(sometimes they call down....) then it may be ok.

I like the value bet on hand 3.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:58 AM

Hand 1: I would not raise the river after MP has shown so much strenght on the turn. Good fold.

Hand 2: In my experience, unless CO is extremely passive, this kind of open limps on the CO or button many times mean a slowplayed monster hand. Therefore I would not raise preflop and just throw it away on the flop.

Hand 3: I think the river is the toughest part. Against some opponents I would check-call hoping to induce a bluff, other times I might bet or check-fold.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:45 AM

Hand 1 I'd just call cuz I'm a wuss. But I think it's close and your line is fine too.

Hand 2: I think he open limped a big ace. I'd check-fold the turn rather than spew to a gutshot.

Hand 3: He's either stringing you along with a monster like J2 or Q2 since he puts you on Ace-rag or a low pocket pair that he's afraid will lose to your Q or J. I think you played it fine. I would call a river raise but I wouldn't like it.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems really close, but it seems like i will not be winning more than 50% when called on my raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You likely need to be more than 50% fav to justify a raise (as you appear to suggest), when called, even if you fold to a 3 bet. You cannot ignore the probability of your foe 3 betting.

Say you are 50% if called (80%),and you always fold to a 3-bet (20%). Then clearly you lose one bet 60% of the time and gain one 40% - not a good strategy. In this case you'd need to be closer to 2 in 3 than 1 in 2. It's even worse if some of the 80% call turns into fold from your oppo.

regards chaos
Old 11-25-2005, 06:46 PM

First 2 both look like spewing. Hand 3 I don't like the turn bet. I prefer check/x, where x is usually fold.