Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Bubble survival

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- Don't play the 6s, the rake is the same at the 11s.

- This is read dependant. You should take into account your being the 3d stack and the number of BB's remaining in your stack and when the blinds go up again.

- Pushing this is +EV. How +EV it is depends on the calling standards you've been able to ID through your reads. If they are loose callers, the +EV edge is huge.

- Standard push.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?!? If they are loose callers, a push is way -EV. With a marginal hand (and often even with a premium hand), the last thing you want is a call on the bubble.

At the low level SNGs, I usually just fold this, because they call way too often (which I don't want) and don't push enough (so I have time to wait).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this makes no sense when compared to that other thread where you say reads are pointless below the 215 games.

This is a really easy push btw.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Bubble survival

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- Don't play the 6s, the rake is the same at the 11s.

- This is read dependant. You should take into account your being the 3d stack and the number of BB's remaining in your stack and when the blinds go up again.

- Pushing this is +EV. How +EV it is depends on the calling standards you've been able to ID through your reads. If they are loose callers, the +EV edge is huge.

- Standard push.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?!? If they are loose callers, a push is way -EV. With a marginal hand (and often even with a premium hand), the last thing you want is a call on the bubble.

At the low level SNGs, I usually just fold this, because they call way too often (which I don't want) and don't push enough (so I have time to wait).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this makes no sense when compared to that other thread where you say reads are pointless below the 215 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what I said. Jeez.

What I said was "Most decisions are not opponent-specific read-based". This statement is simply and obviously true.

The above post happens to be one that I think is read-based. As are many of the posts to this forum, because the easy decisions don't generally get posted.

Just to make it clear, I get as many reads as I can 8-tabling. Sometimes those reads are useful. Often they are not, and I go an entire SnG playing my standard strategy *for that buyin.* (Note that a buyin-specific strategy is not the same as an opponent-specific read.)

Now everybody leave me alone, it's almost Thanksgiving. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]