Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 02:15 AM

Default QTs UTG vs TAG

Villain is a typical TAG 17/8/2.5 (300 hands). edit to add image, my image was TAG and up 12 BB, villain lost few hands and was down 15BB or so
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB :#A500AF(Villain)/ raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero ?

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: QTs UTG vs TAG

Folds?

I'm also not a fan of your limp.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:50 AM

the limp is fine at 2/4 as long as the table is not overly aggressive after you.

This is a pretty clear fold on the turn. You are smoked by diamond outs, but moreso it looks like either a bigger Q or KK or AA.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the limp is fine at 2/4 as long as the table is not overly aggressive after you.

This is a pretty clear fold on the turn. You are smoked by diamond outs, but moreso it looks like either a bigger Q or KK or AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just thought I'd reiterate what he said. It is solid advice.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:01 AM

Weight the range of hands he can have here, how many outs you need against those hands, how likely you are to be ahead, and how many potential bluffing "outs" you can consider, and you've got an answer.

I fold here. You're getting 7.5:1 on a turn call, which means you need around 5.13 outs to be calling here.

Rob
Old 11-21-2005, 03:02 AM

table had 2 fishy players behind me and 1 fish in BB, so I limped. The rest of the players were generally TAGs.

Unfortunately, everyone folded to blinds, and at the time I was thinking TAG SB could be raising a medium pocket pair due to this. On flop, I thought AK or AJ (1 diamond) could also be a hand I am also still ahead of that 3bets me (???)

The turn is terrible for me. But could I have made this hand easier to fold to on Turn with a flop cap?
Old 11-21-2005, 04:18 AM

The table looks tight so I would've folded this Preflop

I'm stuck on the turn decision. Raising isn't good since he folds a TT, 99 and he'll just 3-bet us with a better hand. Folding has some merit, but villain could be getting aggressive with a smaller pocket pair.

I'd call and fold the river if villain bets again.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:30 AM

What a nasty turn card. This looks like a bigger queen/AA/KK. Diamonds are of course a possibility, but not my main concern of being behind to. Villain would seem unlikely to go nuts on this flop with AK (unless they were of course both diamonds) as he knows he'll be first to act on the turn and isnt in position for any type of free card. The pot is fairly small and a lot of rivers can still suck for you. I think its a fairly easy fold. Only way I can see you folding the best hand is if he overplayed a medium pocket pair that you're ahead of.

Mike Emery
Old 11-21-2005, 04:35 AM

No one thinks villain could be doing this with 99 TT enough to make calling and folding to a river bet profitable?
Old 11-21-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No one thinks villain could be doing this with 99 TT enough to make calling and folding to a river bet profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, I think he could have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but the hyper-aggressive overcard play I'm seeing at late-night 5/10 tables may be warping my perception.

Anyway, though, one problem I think we have here is that Villain will often fire again (especially OOP) on the river with 99/TT (or even AK).

I don't like the turn card very much, and it might be what got me to fold. If I called the turn, though, I think I'd call again on the river. Villain is fairly aggressive, so I'm tempted to call down. But Villain did make that "no, really, I have a hand" 3-bet on the flop, and in general I think it's best to take those seriously at 2/4.