Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL- I like to fold

so you bet pot, villain min raises, you re-min raise and he basically re-re min raises and you fold??? explain this.

once he min raises the first time i am probably getting it all in...i agree with flawless.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You say yourself that you have a read on this guy as solid

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but then he donk-minraises the flop. So he's clearly not solid.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:25 PM

In a vacuum, I fold to the flop min-CR. Against a donk or a solid player or anyone, this is so often a monster of some sort, be it a biiiiig draw or a set (two pair pretty unlikely on this board). Overpair possible too here, I suppose. The hand range of someone min-checkraising is just too strong, usually.

HOWEVER, there are occasional ruts that I get into and can only imagine everyone else does. You run bad for a few orbits, raise preflop, bet flop, get checkraised...fold. Over and over. Cuz you have nothing, and you are pretty darn certain they have more than nothing, usually a lot. When my image gets weak like that is the only time I advocate a flop 3-bet of PUSHING. It's the most convincing way to represent an ace high type hand, it strengthens your image, etc etc. A flop 3-bet of anything other than allin is not good. As flawless said, it's essentially a bluff.

And, given the way your hand played out, I would recommend a crying call of his last 300 and hope he not only just has a coinflip draw, but also that he misses it.

Best of luck
Old 11-20-2005, 12:00 AM

i'm not going to 3 bet this flop unless i am already committed to getting all my chips in, which at this point, i would not be. but, given your mini raise and then to fold for 300 more seems really weak.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:06 AM

What, do you automatically assume that min-raises are all donk moves? It's not like our hero bet 1/3 pot and got min-raised, he made a BIG bet in relation to the pot, and got min-raised...so why is it a donk move? If villian has a monster, and he wants to get more chips in the pot, this doesn't seem like an immediately donk move. So, I think I fold here to that min raise since it reeks of having TPTK crushed. If he had him read as solid, why would a min-raise make him think otherwise? Only buddy showing down something stupid in a situation where he wasn't making a bluff move should change that, not betting patterns that throw you off.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What, do you automatically assume that min-raises are all donk moves?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:39 PM

That's absurd. There are all kinds of times that a c/r minraise is called for, and I think that this may be one of them if the villian flopped a monster and doesn't think that he'll get any more $$ out of the hero if he check-calls and leads out on the turn, if, for example, the villian thinks that the hero would just check behind.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:52 PM

When you say donk, do you mean total fish, or a big mistake because you can fold easy?