Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-19-2005, 04:21 PM

Default How to play flushdraws?

Hello
I have two scenarios:
1. I play SC and flop a draw. Here I usually bet about the pot for fold equity and desception if I make the flush. If I make the flush on the turn I usually check it and make a bet on the river which i usually called on NL 50. If the turn is blank i often get the river free but then there isnt much desception left...

2. I play Axs and flop a nut flush draw, here I dont know really but would like to check a lot for the possibility of stacking someone on the same flush draw. This is very rare though.

What are your thoughts about above?
Old 11-19-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: How to play flushdraws?

Simple guidelines: HU, play it aggressively. Pot the flop, if you hit, bet again. Odds are villain won't think you made it, and this is where you should pick up most of your profits.

In a multiway, typically play it passively, unless you have a read on both (I'd personally never semibluff into THREE players) players as being weak-tight.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. I play SC and flop a draw. Here I usually bet about the pot for fold equity and desception if I make the flush. If I make the flush on the turn I usually check it and make a bet on the river which i usually called on NL 50. If the turn is blank i often get the river free but then there isnt much desception left...

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont really like checking the turn, when you've made your hand, the thing about suited connectors is that they are quite vunerable. You can try to make it look like a probe bet and encourage them to represent the hand. You have a made hand but lots of cards hurt you.. if someone has a set they can fill out and if another of your suit comes down your suited connectors dont looks so good (im asssuming when you say suited connectors that you are talking about JT and under.
when you miss, i dont see anything wrong with that really. Just value bet them when it comes.. i dont know much to say about that..
[ QUOTE ]

2. I play Axs and flop a nut flush draw, here I dont know really but would like to check a lot for the possibility of stacking someone on the same flush draw. This is very rare though.

[/ QUOTE ]
ahh, i like to play these the same as the suited connectors, not often will you run into a lower flush draw.. and if they are on the same draw, your flush will less likely come anyways.. but with the NUTS flush draw, if you complete your flush on the turn, im more inclined to check the turn since there are only pairing of the board that will hurt you which is a fair # of fewer outs. another of your suit might get you paid off too
Old 11-19-2005, 04:35 PM

My thoughts are I need to factor in more information to decide if this is a good play. Do I have position? How many players are seeing the flop? Was it raised preflop? What is the texture of the flop?

For example, if I'm in the BB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and someone raises 3xBB. 2 other people call and so do I. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Betting out the pot here seems like suicide to me.