Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-18-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Does Party Poker really take screen shots of your PC?

[ QUOTE ]
I once got attacked by the address xxxxxx.partypoker.com (xed out so you cheaters can't block the address).

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think there are that many cheaters on these forums? I'd really like to know this address so that I can block it. I know I should, but Ii don't have a "dedicated" poker computer, and all kinds of sensitive info could be gathered.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really think there are that many cheaters on these forums? I'd really like to know this address so that I can block it. I know I should, but Ii don't have a "dedicated" poker computer, and all kinds of sensitive info could be gathered.

[/ QUOTE ]
xxxxxxxxx: Dan Savage says it's the closest you'll get to his favorite (aptly named) substance whilst in the Greek Islands. Unless you go looking for love [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 11-18-2005, 12:28 PM

Scanning running processes would be a lot more effective than taking screenshots. A screen shot takes a lot of bandwidth to send, it would require a human being to look at the images to find anything, and wouldn't catch software that doesn't have a window open (running as a service, running in the system tray). Sending a list of running processes requires minimal bandwidth, and the list can be scanned by software to find banned programs.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really, really hope so, since my photoshopped Wallpaper of Dikshit f***ing a donkey is starting to draw comments from others, and I'd hate to think I created it and have kept it plastered on my widescreen all this time if it turns out no one at Party has ever seen it.

[/ QUOTE ]
link? Then again, maybe I'll regret it afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the majority of Party's CS team despise Dikshit more than we do.