Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Padooki Hand vs CDC : Bleh

Great 10/20 game. Nobody has a clue. Chris and I have a little history and play hard against each other, but there's been very little super trickiness toward each other, probably mostly because I've been doing a ton of folding, folding, folding, but somehow I'm up quite a bit. Who knows. Anyway, we're 5 handed at the time.

Folded to me in the CO and I open with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Clueless fishyfish Button calls, Chris 3bets from the SB. I 4bet, Button calls, Chris calls.

Chris takes 1, I stand pat, Button takes 2.

Chris checks, I bet, Button folds, Chris raises. I call.

Chris stands pat. I stand.

Chris checks, I check.

Chris takes 1, I stand.

Chris bets, I fold.

GoT
Old 11-16-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Padooki Hand vs CDC : Bleh

I have a hard time folding that against CDC. If you fold here, you have to pay off a lot in the future, since he will be taking shots at you pretty liberally. If Padooki plays anything like 2-7TD, folding the river with a decent hand against a player with any aggressiveness is not something you want to do lightly.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folded to me in the CO and I open with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Clueless fishyfish Button calls, Chris 3bets from the SB. I 4bet, Button calls, Chris calls.

Chris takes 1, I stand pat, Button takes 2.

Chris checks, I bet, Button folds, Chris raises. I call.

Chris stands pat. I stand.

Chris checks, I check.

Chris takes 1, I stand.

Chris bets, I fold.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I made the important parts of the hand in bold. Your reluctance to break made Chris break his hand. But at the same time you told him you were not comfortable with the value of your Badugi by you calling his well timed raise. On the river he has to bet into you even with a KQJT Badugi, because the chance of you raising is slim to none, yet if there is as little as a 12% chance that you will fold its a profitable expert play to make.

In short, call. The pot is big enough that you have no other choice but to call.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In short, call. The pot is big enough that you have no other choice but to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. If you have trouble with this you can always draw earlier in the hand.

If you're going to be folding bad badugis against tricky players, do yourself a favor and fold them (or draw to them) early.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It certainly looks like I'm calling virtually 100% of the time with the line I took. It's apparent I have a 4 card hand. And my line makes it look like my #1 priority is getting a SD, yes? So how often is Chris bluffing here?

[ QUOTE ]
On the river he has to bet into you even with a KQJT Badugi, because the chance of you raising is slim to none, yet if there is as little as a 12% chance that you will fold its a profitable expert play to make.

[/ QUOTE ]
Disagree completely. It's pretty obv that he if he does have a 4 card hand (which is virtually always imo), it is nowhere near that bad. The fact that he broke means he has something to break to (that's right, I ended a sentence in a prep [though not anymore bitches]). He's not breaking to a T or a 9. Maybe an 8 if it was a really bad 3 card 8 like Q or K. But even considering he has two cards T+ is just retarded hand reading.

GoT
Old 11-17-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It certainly looks like I'm calling virtually 100% of the time with the line I took. It's apparent I have a 4 card hand. And my line makes it look like my #1 priority is getting a SD, yes? So how often is Chris bluffing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you check the turn, you show that you have a very weak made hand. While I admit it looks like you are not folding on the river, CDC is capable of multi-level thinking. Also, he could have a worse 4 card hand here (slim chance). Also, as I mentioned above, expect a lot of shots to be fired at you if you fold here, which could be good or bad.