Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Freshwater stripers

Dad and I caught one each yesterday. Just above the size min. I've probably ingested a bunch of selenium and mercury, but oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Freshwater stripers

Nice. what lake (or river?)? what lure/bait?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice. what lake (or river?)? what lure/bait?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check 12 at the O'Neill Forebay (based on your other posts, I'm pretty sure you know where that is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) sliding rigs, cut anchovies.

I almost never keep fish anymore, but "them's good eatin' size", and baser instincts took over...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:34 PM

cool. i heard they've been doing alright down at san luis, but it's a bit far for me to check out a rumor. They've also been getting some up on the american and the sac, I hear, and it should get better. from what I understand, the delta's started blowing up again as the bass move from the bay to the rivers. some halibut and bass are still lingering in the bay, but I'm all but shut down for the season. maybe another trip or two left in me, but I'm switching to rock cod for the rest of 05.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cool. i heard they've been doing alright down at san luis, but it's a bit far for me to check out a rumor. They've also been getting some up on the american and the sac, I hear, and it should get better. from what I understand, the delta's started blowing up again as the bass move from the bay to the rivers. some halibut and bass are still lingering in the bay, but I'm all but shut down for the season. maybe another trip or two left in me, but I'm switching to rock cod for the rest of 05.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the travel can be a little problematic...I'd love to hit the Delta with my dad, but I live in the South Bay, and he lives even farther out (by Watsonville) so running up there is a bit of a haul.