Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-13-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Picking off a turn blocking bet

[ QUOTE ]
I like to win big pots. It seems to be working out well for me so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, okay? I wasn't chastizing you or your style of play. I was seriously wondering if you do indeed play a King this way. And again, I'd be careful as I see Villain playing his King this way. Just trying to keep you out of trouble. Nh.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like to win big pots. It seems to be working out well for me so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, okay? I wasn't chastizing you or your style of play. I was seriously wondering if you do indeed play a King this way. And again, I'd be careful as I see Villain playing his King this way. Just trying to keep you out of trouble. Nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you weren't. Just saying that of course I would play a king like that. I want to win a big pot.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($873.20)
CO ($988.75)
Button ($1244.35)
SB ($636)
BB ($580.50)
Hero ($597)

Preflop: Hero is UTG(I'm bb converter confused) with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $3. Hero posts a blind of $6.
MP calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $24</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls $18, MP calls $18.

Flop: ($75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $60</font>, Hero calls $60, MP folds.

Turn: ($195) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $300

Not my usual line. Works the other way. Villain probably had an image similar to yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems pretty standard to me. What then is your usual line? Lead when the flop isn't likely to hit villain?
Old 11-13-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This seems pretty standard to me. What then is your usual line? Lead when the flop isn't likely to hit villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time this guy has nothing here. I was inducing a bluff. He was a 40/20 lag.

I'd probably never use this line vs a solid player who probably has a hand.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time this guy has nothing here. I was inducing a bluff. He was a 40/20 lag.

I'd probably never use this line vs a solid player who probably has a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm 50/50 on doing this or leading with a solid player. Guess it depends on whether or not they lean toward weaktight and what they think of me. The way you played this hand it could be perceived from a solid player (if they don't think much of you abilities) that you just hit your KQ or AQ, they'll figure to have that beat or you're not getting anything more out of them anyway.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:05 PM

What'd you do after his raise?
Old 11-13-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think I'm 50/50 on doing this or leading with a solid player. Guess it depends on whether or not they lean toward weaktight and what they think of me. The way you played this hand it could be perceived from a solid player (if they don't think much of you abilities) that you just hit your KQ or AQ, they'll figure to have that beat or you're not getting anything more out of them anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way any solid player who plays me thinks I just hit my KQ or AQ here.

And I pushed, only 200 more, pot is so big he'll call with a huge range at this point.