Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 02:04 AM

Default HiatusOver

After sending him a warning about attacking another 2+2er (Atticus Finch) he continued to post attacks against him and then Sirio. His access rights have been turned off. I'm sure I or someone else will hear from him at some point.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: HiatusOver

I just heard from him, but when I went to his account to see the reason, I saw that he wasn't banned. Did you releae him already, or was that a mistake?
Old 11-11-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: HiatusOver

Yeah, I gave him back his privilidges. It was just meant to be a short-term suspension and I'm heading out of town and didn't want to turn into a long-term issue accidentally. We just needed to cool things down last night since he obviously wasn't getting the message. While he and I were exchanging PMs he was doing exactly what I asked him not to do by throwing insults first at Atticus and then at Sirio. So the PMs didn't get the message across.

I found it interesting that Nick B posted his ideal moderation policy:

[ QUOTE ]
My board policy is that you can disagree with someone as violent and rudely as you want, but you should be able to post cogent arguments rather than just repeating yourself ad nauseum, and no matter how strongly you disagreed with him in one thread A, you had better not follow him around to other threads in order to hound him with past grievances. That just leads to soap-operas and general resentment, as well as a useless environment where threads get poisoned with references to past conflicts. A well-behaved citizen on my board may not be polite, but I expect him to be capable of flaming somebody on one subject while being able to turn around and agree with him on another subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty easy to see why he and others are upset about deletions and editing of posts when they think this proper behavior.