Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 11:01 AM

Default KJo

Villian (CO) in this hand is unknown.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

I can't decide if I love this or hate it...
Old 11-10-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: KJo

No 3-bet BTF?

The fact that CO only called on the flop probably means he has a great hand (better than yours) or pretty weak hand. Both cases, you don't want to check-raise the turn, IMO. He either fold a hand that you want him to call or call or re-raise with a hand that you want him to fold.

Soh
Old 11-10-2005, 11:42 AM

It's definitely not a bad move, but I think it's a bit risky in terms of value. I would prefer to c/r the flop and hope to trap the sb in the hand on a draw. I can't see it getting checked through very often when CO is on what looks like a steal attempt, but he may check through the turn when you've already shown aggression on the flop.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:50 AM

I like it. You made it look as though you took a stab at the pot on the flop, but gave it up on the turn. So he saw a green light to take the pot away from you - wham! Great move to make on a notorious blind stealer.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:05 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i would 3 bet pf. i like a flop bet because of the flush draw. i would hate to try to c/r an unknown and give a free card here. i would lead a non heart turn. may value bet a safe river card. may check call as i don't know of a lot of worse hands that would call(all dependent on river card of course).
Old 11-10-2005, 12:17 PM

It looks like it was a good play, in the sense that it worked (well, unless you got 3-bet), but in general I think I'd prefer to go for the checkraise on the flop, which I think is less likely to get checked through.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love this

[/ QUOTE ]