Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-03-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Bubble Play

I've been thinking about my play on the bubble in a home-game MTT we played last night. Backround info on the tournament is that we started with t1000 with blinds at 5/10, 30 minute levels, and 39 players.

10th place was knocked out quickly after we reached the final table, so we were left with 9 players, 6 pay spots and 75/150 blinds. Average stack is t4300. I'm in 2nd chip position in seat 9 with around t8000, chip leader has around t13000 in seat 4. He is very tight so I don't have to worry about him much. Seat 1 is uber tight/passive, I can steal his blind with impunity.

Within the first orbit it becomes clear that the other players are trying to fold into the money. I begin to take advantage, raising 2-3 hands per orbit (generally to t400) and running into zero resistance. I continue this throughout the level and into the next level (100/200).

By the time we reach the bubble, I've cruised my way into the chip lead with t15000. I've seen maybe three flops. At this point, what is my play against anyone who gives me resistance?

For example, I pick up ATo in early position and raise to t600. Seat 2, who is somewhat tricky, re-raises to t1600. He has about t3000 more behind. I read him as being fairly weak, probably on a re-steal, but I know he will call a push with a myriad of hands to show he can't be bullied. He doesn't really care if he bubbles. Do I play this pot? If I clean him out I will have half the chips in play. Or do I fold and continue my aggressive bubble play?

If the SB open pushes for t1200 into me, should I fold any two? Is it not worth eliminating him?

Let me add that I'm confident I can continue to steamroll the table as long as we remain on the bubble.

I hope this is coherent, if it's not just ask and I will clarify. Thanks!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Bubble Play

You increased your chips by 7000 during the bubble time... I would do everything I could to keep the small stacks around and continue to bully. So, I fold to the reraise and I fold to the open push unless I have a premium hand.

The fold to the reraise may give you the opportunity later to do damage to a larger stack who may try to do the same to you when you have a monster.

Of course on paper I am Mr. Agressive, in the real world, you would have stolen most of those chips from ME. LOL