Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: K4o

I'd fold pre-flop. If my hand were suited, sure, but playing big little unsuited in a 3+way pot doesn't seem to me to be EV.

Post flop seems fine, I guess. Paying off a lag might suck, so it depends on your read. This could easily be a fold, too. Also, if I were committed to showdown I'd prob just bet the turn and check the river u/i.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are we all noting the investment I've already made and the odds I'm getting? If so - what do you need to be making this call. Or conversely - what's the lowest your going in hand strength to make this call?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to look at your post as an "investmenet" than I think you should wait for the big blind. 6-1 isn't really a lot, in limit hold em.

I'd make this call with as little as, say 54s. 75s I'd play. I'd even play Q3s, probably. Big little offsuit hands are for suckers though.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are we all noting the investment I've already made

[/ QUOTE ]
Just cos you were sitting out and not patient enough to wait for the blinds to come around again does not justify spewing chips the way you did. Its trash total and utterly, more so multiway, if you could isolate to get heads up maybe if your post flop play is good, multiway forget it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please don't judge my patience.

I'm not trying to justify my play by having posted the BB+SB - I'm just suggesting that this prior investment is a factor. I was opening the discussion to how much of a factor it actually is.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to justify my play by having posted the BB+SB - I'm just suggesting that this prior investment is a factor.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you know the fact that you made the investment is not a factor. There's just 3/4bb extra dead money in the pot is all.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to justify my play by having posted the BB+SB - I'm just suggesting that this prior investment is a factor.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you know the fact that you made the investment is not a factor. There's just 3/4bb extra dead money in the pot is all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is what I meant - I just didn't say it well the first time.