Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Rob Ray tears Dominik Hasek a new one.

After showing an interview with Hasek on Sabres Tv, Former Sabre Rob Ray basically said how he didn't respect Dom. I guess when Dom was traded to Detroit he made comments about how he would then be a Red Wing forever and also that he would retire a Red Wing when they won the cup.

Dom supposedly said he said this because he had just won the cup with them and he was very excited but that he will never forget his time in Buffalo.

Anyway, Ray seemed very emotional. I'm sure the 10-4 loss didn't help.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Rob Ray tears Dominik Hasek a new one.

i'm a big sabres fan and hasek fan.

first, that game was brutal, and the sabres looked horrible for most of the first period (which i saw). my only conclusion on that game is that the sens are the team to beat and if hasek plays average, they should win the cup.

i really really hope hasek retires a sabre and i think he will. they gave him his first shot in the league and when he was with the sabres he was hands down the best goalie of the era and i think of all time. by the time he was with the wings and now he's a really good, but def. not the best in the league. retiring him with the red wings would be like ray bourque retiring with the avs
Old 11-03-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Rob Ray tears Dominik Hasek a new one.

I agree that Hasek should retire a Sabre. And Rob Ray did concede that Hasek was one of the most fantastic goalies he ever saw but, he just couldn't get over the bridges that Hasek burned after he left. I'm sure many other Sabres of that era feel that way too.

Dom always thought of himself as the most important part of the team (and he was) but many of the other players thought he didn't give them any respect. I think Hasek just thinks that the only reason they even had a shot at the cup in 99 was because of him. I mean, that team was not that great. Dom feels that if the team was a little better, they would have easily won the cup. I guess this is why he's bitter and doesn't seem to mind that he left Buffalo on a bad note.