FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: best cell phone service
ATT / Cingular 16 21.05%
Sprint 14 18.42%
Verizon 46 60.53%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: How Many OOTers have been Arrested

one time in 3rd grade, i was at barnes and noble looking at pokemon magazines. it turns out that there was a free pokemon card which came with the magazine. one of them had gotten out of the plastic cover, so i picked it up and took it. i did nothing wrong, someone else had unwrapped it and the card was right there. when i was walking out with my dad some huge guy came and did the "excuse me, show me whats in your jacket" BS. so the bring me to this room in barnes and noble, and two people give me crap for doing it. they dont listen to my "but it was right there" explanation. they guy says he watched me unwrap the magazine from the mezzanine (WTF?!?! who lies about this? im a 6 year old kid for christsakes). I had to sign this thing saying I would never enter barnes and noble until I was 18. They guard even said "I'll remember your face, so don't do it." It was the first of my many leopold stotch moments when i went back in 2 weeks and read all the dilbert comics in a soft chair.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:35 PM

Not yet. If I can get out of this town without getting into one brawl because of some drunk [censored] I stand a good chance of never going to jail. I've been lucky so far but Halloween will be the real test. I'll be sure to use OOT's beer to the face/fist to the nuts fighting style so I can clear out before 5-0 arrives.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:25 AM

Arson. Who knew dry grass was flammable?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:36 AM

yeah, but how many have been to prison?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:38 AM

I have been to jail.

I studied in Budapest for a semester a few years ago. My first week in the city I hardly knew the language and I was at the supermarket paying. The cashier tried to tell me something and I had no idea what she was saying but it appeared that she would not accept the cash I was trying to pay with yet wouldn't return it to me. I offered her my Visa card but she wouldn't accept it. I decided to just walk out the door leaving behind the cash. Security for the supermarket stopped me and I realized that she was accusing me of something, probably shoplifting. Security took me to an office in the supermarket and the Hungarian police came and took me to a station, processed some paperwork, fingerprint me, took my photo and put me in a cell. I had no idea what was going on and I was scared. I was in a solitary cell. Eventually an interpreter arrived and I was informed that the money I tried to pay with was counterfeit. I requested that the American embassy be contacted and a few hours later someone from the embassy arrived. In the precense of the embassy official, I was questioned on every aspect of my whereabouts and doings since arriving in Hungary. The embassy official instructed me to just answer the questions and after a few more hours I was finally released.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one time in 3rd grade, i was at barnes and noble looking at pokemon magazines. it turns out that there was a free pokemon card which came with the magazine. one of them had gotten out of the plastic cover, so i picked it up and took it. i did nothing wrong, someone else had unwrapped it and the card was right there. when i was walking out with my dad some huge guy came and did the "excuse me, show me whats in your jacket" BS. so the bring me to this room in barnes and noble, and two people give me crap for doing it. they dont listen to my "but it was right there" explanation. they guy says he watched me unwrap the magazine from the mezzanine (WTF?!?! who lies about this? im a 6 year old kid for christsakes). I had to sign this thing saying I would never enter barnes and noble until I was 18. They guard even said "I'll remember your face, so don't do it." It was the first of my many leopold stotch moments when i went back in 2 weeks and read all the dilbert comics in a soft chair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were 6 years old in 3rd grade? Skip a couple grades? That guy was probably trying to make "an example" out of someone, ridiculous.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:47 AM

Just arrested once, in Russia, but released again without being put into jail or anything. I think it was just meant as a show of force to keep my in line (which is not easy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).
Old 10-25-2005, 12:48 AM

Once: Failure to appear on an expired emissions sticker citation.
I think this is probably the most trivial offense for which you can actually be jailed in my state.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hauled off once. In middle school. They came and got me AT THE SCHOOL! Walked me out in handcuffs.

That does WONDERS for ones 'rep' I must say.

Charges were dropped due to lack of evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

May I ask what you did? This sounds interesting.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:49 AM

i got screwed last spring. In ohio the legal BAC for driving is .08....I blew a .085 and was arrested. I did not know till afterward that the roadside test they give may contain alcohol from someone who previously took teh test and therefor is inaccurate