Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 10-20-2005, 11:12 PM

Default home stereo/electronics problem

I have a mini stereo with two speakers. It's an aiwa if that matters. Every time I play a CD, it starts out for like 10 seconds and then the thing just shuts off. I think this has something to do with the power or something. Anyway, I have no clue im a retard and im drunk.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? thanks yall.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: home stereo/electronics problem

Almost sounds like dead batteries, but somehow I doubt you'd need help to troubleshoot that one... Otherwise, I'm not much help.

Out of curiosity, does the length of time playing stay the same each time or does it vary? Getting shorter or longer? Does the length of time depend on the volume setting? Does it even shut off if the volume is all the way down? Does it do this with radio or tapes or is it just CDs?

Just a few questions that might make it easier to pinpoint the problem...
Old 10-21-2005, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost sounds like dead batteries, but somehow I doubt you'd need help to troubleshoot that one... Otherwise, I'm not much help.

Out of curiosity, does the length of time playing stay the same each time or does it vary? Getting shorter or longer? Does the length of time depend on the volume setting? Does it even shut off if the volume is all the way down? Does it do this with radio or tapes or is it just CDs?

Just a few questions that might make it easier to pinpoint the problem...

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the help. i am no longer drunk. the thing is a standard stereo so there's no batteries.

also, some songs do stay on a little longer than others and it does depend on the volume. sometimes i will leave it on low and it will go for a good minute. then i will crank up the volume and it goes out immediately. other times it just goes off in one second. other times 10 seconds, 15 seconds whatever. i've only done this with cds but ill try using tapes and radio.

it does seem to be related to the volume though.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:00 AM

Sometimes things are just broken. Buy another one, it won't be economic to repair. And not Aiwa, this time, please. Sony/Panasonic/JVC are all put together a lot better and won't cost much more.