Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: TT in protected pot, Q flops

[ QUOTE ]
got anything besides #s? given opponent's tight preflop play and raising with seemingly only strong holdings, i think you're toast. sadly i could see a preflop isolation raise with smaller pocket or a mix of other cards playing this way too, but just judging by his stats: seems pretty TA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have any notes on villain, but I did remember playing against him before (so not all datamining) which means that he hadn't done anything all that unusual.

I did fold to the flop raise, and CO eventually took the pot down with pocket sevens. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

But, I've got a note on him now. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 06:08 PM

was this at a 6 max table or a full table that broke down to being 6 handed. If its a 6 max table, I'd probably peel and fold UI(if we think that we can get a capped turn or river out of the villian), but if its a full table that broke down, I'd lean towards just folding outright.

In general, I think that folding is the best option
Old 10-20-2005, 06:19 PM

Haven't read the responses yet, but I'm torn between calling the raise and folding UI or calling and donking the turn. Usually, the fact that he raised preflop would lead me to believe he's selling something like AK or a mid pocket here, but since he raised from posting, he could have any two cards. His raise to you with any two cards on a board like Q66 suggests he has a piece of it.

All in all, I call, lead the turn and fold to a raise. I'm bet/folding the river if he doesn't show aggression.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:01 PM

It was a full table; had two sitting out and two left just before the deal.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:08 PM

I just fold the flop. I don't think that CO is taking a stab at your 1SB flop bet in the protected pot very often here.