Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Now I know what its like to play against me

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think a lot of us (including myself) are just trying to get too fancy here. Even if the villian is aggro, that doesn't mean he's going to c/r here regardless.

I've changed my mind--the simple approach is best. Bet ~2/3 and fold to a c/r. If he bluffed you, well then that's just a good play by him and just hope you get an opportunity to get those chips back. Hero still has 20k which is plenty to work with.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've changed my mind--the simple approach is best. Bet ~2/3 and fold to a c/r. If he bluffed you, well then that's just a good play by him and just hope you get an opportunity to get those chips back. Hero still has 20k which is plenty to work with.

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK you!

you guys are all crazy! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 09:57 AM

I've been thinking about this hand a bit.

What are peoples thoughts about way overbetting the pot here (the other side of the really weak lead).

I can easily justify putting the BB on a very wide range of hands. Most of the hands that I'd be really concerned about would have raised me PF. So I'd lean against putting them in the range.

So if I'm not too worried about AA-JJ,AK, (maybe KQ) my TT seems like it will be best RIGHT NOW a very large percentage of the time.

Why not try to kill the hand now and remove the bluff CR from the opponents arsenal? Who knows you might actually eek a win out from KJ

So I propose betting out something like 8k and folding to a raise (I fold to a push because I don't think many players are capable of pushing over an overbet without the goods)

Thoughts?

I'd never think about playing a hand this way because I normally think overbets are terrible. But I can't come up with a logical reason why this play is bad.....but it still gives me the willy's
Old 10-20-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Results

I think one of my biggest leaks is when I am playing aggro and actually have a hand I cant let it go.

I think the fold is fine, just because he's aggro as well doesnt mean he wants to get involved with someone who can seriously hurt him without a genuine hand (or strong draw).

If hes pushing here he either has the K or the flush draw IMO, and both of them are scary.

I think a line you can take is to check the flop though, this can represent strength as much as a bet can, and if he does have a K, a club could be a scare card you could use if he leads out for less than the pot on the turn.

If your convinced he leads out for a pot sized bet though I agree with the continuation bet.