Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 02:40 AM

Default KK meets so-so board meets weird play

Haven't posted a hand in a while. I thought this one made for an interesting river decision.

Reads: MP3 is a so-so sLAG over ~50 hands (29/15/1.5). BB is a 2+2'er who's seeing the flop for pot odds. The Button is 23/3/1.5 over about 240 hands; he shows the most aggression on the turn, where he's got a respectable 2.11 AF. He has not struck me as being at all tricky thus far, and if anything has seemed like a subpar (but decent) player.

My own image is a little blotty; I've lost to a few river cards and made a couple of questionable A-high calldowns.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...?

What's the plan?
Old 10-16-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: KK meets so-so board meets weird play

If he has the A, I would expect him to raise the turn according to your read. You have to figure out his cc range pf. AQs AJs, TT? He may read you as an irradic player and think calling down his pair will beat you.

I really want to show this down. Check/Call if he's capable of raising the river, but Bet/Fold if you are rather certain taht he is not going to bluff.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: KK meets so-so board meets weird play

Seems like he has a pair he wants to show down I am betting the river and folding to a raise. There is really no hand he could get to the river just to bluff raise with. He hasn't pulled the trigger yet so it really seems like 88-jj paying off your laggy image.