Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: An eerie silence when I get home

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] sucks for sure. I've always had to (try to) remain emotional detached from family pets

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought you were the exact opposite based on some of the things you have posted here.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] sucks for sure. I've always had to (try to) remain emotional detached from family pets

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought you were the exact opposite based on some of the things you have posted here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not easy, but I've had too. It's hard enough loosing a family pet, but bawling over it when your kids are bawling over it doesn't work too well. Someone has to drive.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not easy, but I've had too. It's hard enough loosing a family pet, but bawling over it when your kids are bawling over it doesn't work too well. Someone has to drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK that's make sense, my father who loves dogs would probably have been the same way, at least infront of my brothers and I.

I figured the loyality, unconditional love would be something right up your alley.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:09 PM

RIP Mac
Old 10-11-2005, 10:15 PM

sorry man, I have lost a dog and a cat during the past 6 months. Sucks man. Cherish the memories.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:22 PM

Sorry for your loss. I know how it feels. I've had a lot of dogs in my life, and the deaths of each one tore me up. The death of my favorite one still bothers me a lot to think about. I used to hate thinking about it so much because it never seemed to get any better. Now it's a little better, I think because I've integrated his death into my understanding of him as part of his life, but the rest of his life as being much bigger, and something I was really lucky to be around for. The long happiness that his life brought my family, and me particularly, more than made up for the lasting sadness of his death. I couldn't have imagined a happier, more spirited, good-tempered, devoted, beautiful dog, and he loved the hell out of us. Nothing lasts forever, but we were damn lucky to get so much of what we got. He was a gift in our world that we were lucky enough to share. It was terrible to lose him, but it had to come, and losing him can't wipe away all the pleasure of having had him for so long. We were sad, but only that sad because he gave us so much to be happy about.

You can't be lucky forever, but maybe you can be lucky again. When the time is right and with a little love, you may find another great pet, and fall in love with it too. Lord knows, they make it so easy.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:24 PM

Default All my best during this trying time

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: All my best during this trying time

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2005, 12:12 AM

Gamblor, like so many have already said, I am so sorry for your loss. We've all known how you feel now and what you're going through. It's taken me almost two years to get over the loss of our last. Because of my retirement he'd become my absolute best and constant friend. We recently adopted two litter mates. They don't replace, they fill a void. I think there's a reason God spelled backwards is dog. They truly are a gift.