Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-01-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Another Episode of Good Play or Spew \"You Decide!\"

I've thought a lot about this hand, my thoughts range from solid play, to FPS, to spew and back again. I'm interested in what the consensus is. I have a bit of a history with the villian here, my stats on him were TAG-ish (21,9,2) over 100 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO Villian)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (Villian)/ calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Villian folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Why is it necessary to defend so aggresively I don't know, I'm in the process of reinventing my outlook on blind play, so I try to err on the side of aggression.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Another Episode of Good Play or Spew \"You Decide!\"

ok, I thought something was odd, The stats I had on this player where actually as follows (17,9,2) Att Stl Blinds 40% over 1300 hands.. this I think makes my play more reasonable
Old 10-01-2005, 11:57 AM

Looks good to me. There are a lot of hands he is raising from the CO that you are beating here. He would be raising with any small PP so this looks pretty good. Besides, you still have several outs after you pair the turn, and if he does call, you can take the free showdown if you want.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:59 AM

It's definitely a fancy play. I'm not a huge fan of, I think I'm calling the pf raise and folding the flop. Nice work though
Old 10-01-2005, 12:00 PM

preflop - a little aggressive from the sb, but pretty standard against someone with a high ASB%.

why did you check the flop? Strong chance you take it down right there.

The move on the turn is rather suspect. This is obviously a scare board for him, but I'm not sure how beneficial this move is long term.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:05 PM

The reason I thought to check the turn is to check raise, or get a free card, but i definetly see the merit of just betting into him, but that allows him to raise, then then put me on the defensive. He had also been playing fairly aggressively post flop on the steal as well.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I thought to check the turn is to check raise, or get a free card, but i definetly see the merit of just betting into him, but that allows him to raise, then then put me on the defensive. He had also been playing fairly aggressively post flop on the steal as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then 3bet the flop and find out right there what is up.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:12 PM

Touche...