Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 09-29-2005, 03:56 PM

Default I Rivered Ya!

1/2nl Game last night. Across the table: a young college kid looking scared out of his mind with a minimum buy-in. Sunglasses: Huge. I'm on tilt, playing godawfully, so his very presence is like a hot stain on my eyeballs. The table is loud and very friendly, but he looks into my soul even when he's not in the hand and doesn’t speak. I’m freaking out. I start complaining about "how bright it is in here, snicker…can’t we turn down these bright lights, snarf…" Everyone gets it but him. No-one particularly thinks it’s funny, but I'm on tilt, so I keep sniping about it...

Hour or so in, MP, I raise with QQ he calls on the button.
Flop has an Ace. I check. He glares at me menacingly, clearly about to aggressively check.
Turn blanks. I bet pot. He flops around in the tank for a while. Calls.
River J. I don’t realize how much he has left and bet pot, more than 2/3 his stack. He pauses, scratches his nose or something. Oh crap. He says it, the drama: I’m All IN. He may have even sighed. 28 dollars to me. Ok I call…

He has pocket jacks. I reluctantly show my Queens. He throws his arms up in the air, looking like a ten year old kid with a new bike… “I rivered ya!” he yelps.

You sure did kid. NH.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: I Rivered Ya!

[special ed]
YAY!
[/special ed]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]