Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Stud hi: Jamming with the flush draw

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (17.67 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___folds

5th Street - (12.33 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (15.33 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

River - (18.33 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (21.33 BB)

I think the only questionable decision here was betting out on the river... but I figured I would get a call from the open J's if he had two pair, but that he wouldn't bet out himself.

But what do you all think about jamming with the one-gapper to a straight flush? I was fairly confident that no one was going to fold--I'd seen both of the players in question call 2 cold on 3rd. My equity is right smack at 25% assuming I'm against a pair of aces and two other pairs. On 4th I'm getting around 36% equity in a 3 way pot (which I would of course have preferred to keep as a 4 way pot).

As it happened, the person who won the hand proceeded to call me a moron and gave me tons of action for the rest of the session--I made back more than the $36 I lost on the hand just from him. It made me think of what Sklansky says in 7CSFAP about making sure your opponents know you're willing to 3-bet with a 3-flush on 3rd occasionally.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Stud hi: Jamming with the flush draw

Ya, I frequently do this at a super-loose table. I like everything, including the river bet.