Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Rolled up.. when to stick the raise?

I'm usually of the mind to fast-play my rolled-up hands... but with all the dead cards here and the hangers-on, I decided to slow it down. I was immediately to the left of the guy leading the betting, and with all the dead cards I wasn't fearing too much strength from anyone. Anyone play this one differently?

Site: PartyPoker
3/6 7 Card Stud -- Hand Converter

Third Street
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____completes
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____folds
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____brings-in_____folds
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls

Fourth Street
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____bets
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls

Fifth Street
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____bets
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls

Sixth Street
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx _____checks_____calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx _____bets_____calls
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____raises
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____checks_____folds

River
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx _____folds
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx _____checks_____calls
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____bets
Old 09-17-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Rolled up.. when to stick the raise?

I think I'd go ahead and reraise third. But given you didn't, you're in good position to wait for 6th I guess. I might raise 5th because your case 9 just showed up, which generally convinces people that you're not rolled.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:00 PM

I would probably pop it on fifth, because, with the case 9, they won't put you on rolled 9s, so you may get raised back on sixth or the river by someone with two pair better than 9s up
Old 09-17-2005, 10:19 PM

I would of popped 4th. Most players would put you on two pair J's and 9's. It reinforces your two pair when the case 9 comes out later in this instance and someone might reraise later if they caught a higher two pair. JMO.

Fourth Street
Seat 3: xx xx A 4_____checks_____calls
Seat 4: xx xx K 6_____bets
Hero: 9 9 9 J_____calls
Seat 8: xx xx K A_____checks_____calls
Old 09-17-2005, 10:35 PM

I agree with the above posters.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the above posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

This struck me as funny, for some reason.

With the caller between you and the Ace, I favor a raise on third. Having just called, I would pop it on fifth. Yeah, you might run everyone out, but that really wouldn't be so terrible. You get it heads-up with position, some money in the pot, and likely much the best hand. And who knows, maybe they'll call anyway. Only one way to find out.

Since you chose to continue to slow-play, the raise on sixth was mandatory. Nice hand.