Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Thanks to everyone

I'm sure I'll be back someday, but I'm "retiring" from playing for the time being. My real love is philosophy, and my graduate studies will suffer if I continue to invest the hours playing.

I've really enjoyed reading the posts here and learning the game from a very fine group of posters. Thanks for all the answers to my newbie questions. I was maybe a little too quick to throw in my two cents occasionally, so here's hoping that at least one person profited from at least one of my posts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm sure I'll still lurk and occasionally post here, but I don't expect to play anymore until around Christmas.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Thanks to everyone

I really wish you luck in your studies. The pursuit of education is the most improtant thing one can do. Excel in your studies and come back occasionaly to stud for some relaxation. The world needs more Kants than it does Brunsons. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:09 PM

Good luck with your studies.

School work is very important. Keep the studies front and center.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:12 AM

Thanks for the good wishes. To highlight how cool this forum is, I offer exhibit A: http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-fo...sc&start=0

I lurk and occasionally post on Daniel's site just because I am generally entertained by what he has to say. I check the forum occasionally to see whether seven card stud comes up, to encourage people to try the game.

Anyways, I think the direction of this thread nicely highlights, by contrast, how cool the people are here. If anything I said in this thread is incorrect, someone please correct me--but I think it's pretty hilarious how pompous people who seem to know rather little about stud can be.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:55 PM

Good luck man. Graduate school was the best experience of my life. It is where I found my interests, my wife and myself.

Adam

PS. I've found it difficult to stop playing poker.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck man. Graduate school was the best experience of my life. It is where I found my interests, my wife and myself.

Adam

PS. I've found it difficult to stop playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind words. Incidentally, I have already (it's been 4 days) changed "retiring from" to "reducing the time spent on" poker. I did so by making the jump to $3/$6 on Party, which I'm now adequately bankrolled for. The place seems like a paradise of fishy players, compared to what the Stars game is like on many days. I've tried loosening up a little to adjust to the higher ante--I'll maybe post some hands in a few days.

I won't be playing much (like, less than an hour a day, if that), but I think I'll be sticking to the $3/$6 when I do.