Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 10:00 AM

Default AKo UTG hand

Is it reasonable to give somebody credit for a J here...

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 09-11-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: AKo UTG hand

with no reads you need to call down
Old 09-11-2005, 10:08 AM

Stop making these folds at .05/.1.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:20 AM

If you only post up to the point where you made your decision, you will get better advice. People will be influenced in what they tell you by how the rest of the hand is played.

Do you have any reads on the players? What are buttons standards for cold calling 2 pre flop? This is often a hand like AQ, a medium pocket pair, suited connectors or the like. What would SB have called with preflop? Are they maniacs that bet and raise with nothing on scary boards? A read would really help.

Unless SB is very tricky, I'm not inclined to believe he has a J. He probably would have capped on the flop with all the action. The question is now does button have a J. Could he have a flush draw or gut shot straight draw and play it this way? There are 18 small bets in the pot right now so you are getting 18:1 on the call.

Assuming that button will bet every round and SB will call, you will be getting 13:2.5 to see the river. If you believe that 20% of the time neither has the J, calling down is profitable. Based on this, I would call the flop (closing the action) and see what the turn brings. On the turn you are closing the action (SB didn't bet or CR so it's less like he has it) so I'd call again. In this case, you get the river show down for free.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with no reads you need to call down

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Long time no see, Bakku.

-Jaran
Old 09-11-2005, 01:38 PM

I pretty much dont give any1 credit for anything until i have some proof to give them credit (thats what a read is). W/o it, im calling down at the very least ALL the time w/ no reads, maybe a leak, but people love going crazy on trips when they have the other card, and if they all only have A's, you have them outkicked. Expect to win this a lot more than you would think initially.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:45 PM

thanks for all the replies...i was multitabling and wasn't paying that much attn to the action at the time. Kinda figured it was a stupid fold right after I did it...just wanted more peoples opinion. I did fold the winner...button 3 bet with Q high and the sb had A3o to win.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:16 PM

Anyone want to dissuade me from capping this flop?
Old 09-11-2005, 03:53 PM

I'm not saying you're wrong, I clearly don't play this game very well. I'll give you my thinking and please correct it.

My thinking is this is a WA/WB scenario. If he's bluffing (which he probably is), let him keep bluffing and you may get SB to come along. If he doesn't have it, he's drawing almost dead against you. If you cap, you may lose SB and stop him from bluffing the turn and perhaps fold. If he's really got it, you're going to get CR'd on the turn and lose an extra big bet. It seems +EV to call down rather than raise to me.

What are your thoughts?
Old 09-11-2005, 04:09 PM

I think you're right here. If we are going to keep playing, calling down is the only way to go. I don't actually mind the fold TBH. Having played these limits for a looong time, I would definitely put money that one of the villains at least has a J.