Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 04:17 PM

Default 3-6 sb structure

with the 1/3 blind structure I don't feel obligated to play many hands. I think I actually might not be protecting enough. It's usually just 3 bet or fold for me and I never limp with any two low suited cards but I will with like 89s up to jqs assuming theirs a couple limpers. but k8 an stuff like this I much unless it's folded to me and then i raise
anyways thoughts please
Old 09-06-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: 3-6 sb structure

Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what to do with the structure. I will complete decent connectors and suited cards if there are 4 limpers before me and the BB isnt too aggressive, but I play a little loose.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:38 PM

Right, 3-6 is a structure that doesn't encourage play from the sb. You don't need to contribute that extra two dollars just so you can play a hand out of position.

You should also assume in late position, that you won't automatically be getting the SB to call, if you are playing an implied odds hand, so you should be slightly less likely to play those hands, even though you would be playing them if the blind structure was 1-2.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:45 PM

I think the consensus is to complete with any hand you would play from the button.