Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 05:25 AM

Default SB - J9o. And a river c/r

Should This hand be folded pf? Is the river c/r sexy? I actually think I played this hand pretty well but I'm not sure if this is one of these spots where raising the river has more EV than just betting out or calling.

Button was a 60/20/1.75 (with 2.7 river agr factor)
UTG was a 45/10/1.5 player

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font> ....

Final Pot: 13+ BB
Old 09-02-2005, 05:28 AM

Default Re: SB - J9o. And a river c/r

Just bet the river.... problem with your raise is that you are pretending having a stronger hand then you actually have. So I believ when you have the best hand on river you get only 1 bet. If you had bet out the river you would have got the 2 bets. Also now the guy who bet river can three bet with UTG calling 0 bets. And you must call the river reraise I suppose......
Old 09-02-2005, 05:41 AM

Default Re: SB - J9o. And a river c/r

Betting out is the best play but if you checked as you did i like just calling instead trying to collect some overcalls from the lp:s...

If you bet out and get raised itīs all down to reads and where the raise came from, but I fold if the raise came in a protected pot...