Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 05:01 PM

Default 5-10 NL 3 handed

5-10 NL 3 handed

I'm not used to playing short handed and am trying to get used to it. I think I played this hand the way I would in a full game, but short handed, I think I shouldn't have played it this way. Is this standard?

I'm in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (~1.5k), button (~1k) raises to 30. I reraise to 100. He calls.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet out 150, he raises to 300, I push.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: 5-10 NL 3 handed

What do you think he will fold? Obviously the more pockets he fold the better the play... I doubt he can call with just a seven, if he somehow called preflop with a7. Generally I thinnk this a good play, I think you fold out enough to make it worth your while.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:04 PM

read dependent IMO.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:35 PM

Dude - What's with the legitimate strategy posts? I want more 72 cracking some jackass and laughing at him stuff.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:32 AM

Default 6-2 Suited

You're absolutely right. AK hands are for pansies and school girls.

So, it's later in the night at the borgata. Late enough that I've tipped the waitress to bring me a corona every time she comes around. I've also decided that the deuce is my gin card. So I'm playing tons of hands with 2's in it. I also have been yelling, "deuce" on most flops.

And then comes this hand...

I have 62 suited UTG+1. I limp. I'm considering a massive limp reraise against some of these players. One other limper and then the same mustache guy raises to 35 in MP. This means he's got a monster. No way I'm reraising him, and I'm ready to fold. Then, 4 callers behind him. BB calls, and I've got odds. Or at least I have pretend-made up odds. I call 30 more and the limper behind me calls.

Flop: 2 2 8

Checked to the limper behind me who bets 75. This could really be ace high with him. This player is terrible in comparison to the rest of the table, which for this table means he doesn't know hand rankings and other problems like that. MP mustache guy pushes for 185 dollars more. Folded to me.

I would love to stack the limper who has 500 in his stack. I push (mistake?). Limper says, "well, if you're calling then I'm going to fold," which means my thought proccess meant nothing. Turn and river blanks. Mustache guy confidently turns over kings. I show 26 diamonds. Dread comes into his eyes as the pot is pushed towards me. He gets up and says, "Next time I see you I'm going to bust you" I yell back "Deuce!"
Old 08-29-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: 6-2 Suited

You smell like Ha Seung Jin's underwear. Playing 6 2 is rather brilliant, but you play it like a pansy boy. KaneKungFu would teach you 100 lessons on how to play this.