Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 04:33 PM

Default JJ hand 3/6

UTG = 5x/15/2.5
MP = 30/9/1.5

I called the turn intending to check/fold if I didn't improve if utg1 bet and mp1 called or if mp1 bets.

Any value in the river bet. Or is mp1 just too passive to bet the river with QQ-KK?

Comments plz

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.16 BB
Old 08-11-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: JJ hand 3/6

I think I would bet the turn, being as u didn't do that I think you have an easy river value bet.

SGS
Old 08-11-2005, 04:47 PM

This looks reaally weak in my eyes. You have a big pot here and you just give a free card on the turn.
I dont understand your play at all, if you are scared of the ace, fold the flop (which would be awful). But when both of them just check the turn, why the hell dont you bet it? If you get check-raised, you can probably fold but never ever give a free card last to act in a big pot when your hand might be best.
If no K or Q falls I also bet the river when they check to me.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:52 PM

I bet this turn every time when it's checked to me, then reevaluate on the river whether I can value bet again, or likely just check it through for a free showdown.