Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 10:21 AM

Default PL Hand #5

This is yet another hand from my up and down session last night. At one point I was up 3 buys and ended about even.

Absolute NL $50 blinds, .10, .25. The table has been playing very loose and aggressive. There are 3 fish that I have been waiting to bust, one of the them is in the hand with me.

I don’t have the hand histories so bear with me.

Hero is OTB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
4 limpers to me, I raise to 1.00, 3 callers.

After nobody liking the min-raise in a prior hand I have stopped using it.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Fishy min bets, 2 calls, 1 fold, I raise to $5, fishy and short stack call.

At this point short stack only has about $7 left, fishy has about $40, and I have both covered

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Check to me, I bet $10, both call.

Fishy really didn't like to fold and I am not sure that I have more then 50% of the equity heads up against him so wanted to get the other player all in and set the fishy up for the river. I have position so if I hit sometime I can push him all in, and if I miss hopefully I can check behind on the river.

I thought about betting $3 and letting the short stack go all in then going all in after him but I was worried that everyone would just call or that the fishy would use that as an opportunity to go all in himself and I would rather not call all in here.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Fishy pushes all in for his last 30, hero???

Main pot is 41, Side pot is 9 with another 30 for fishy bet.

I have seen fishy do this a couple of times. He really likes to push all in when what looks like a scare card falls. This is one of the reasons that I wanted to get involved in a pot with him, sometimes he would push all in for $50 in a $10 pot when a “scare” card came. Also his version of a scare card was sometimes suspect (unfortunately not in this case).

I may have been a little greedy during this hand. I was playing this hand to bust the fishy when maybe I should have been playing to push the fishy out to get HU with the short stack with fishies dead money in the pot.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: PL Hand #5

bet the max on every street, it takes the guesswork out of it and will be more profitable in the longrun as well.

as you played it, I think you still have to call the river. only a set or higher two pair beats you, and the way the other guy comes to life on the river makes me think 3-4 or 3-5

Also, on the turn there's no way in hell you don't have > 50% equity against another player in the hand, unless they have the absolute perfect hand. 9/10 times, you're ahead big-time.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:04 AM

Goop,

I know you said these two opponents are fish, but wouldn't they raise the turn with a set?

I'm ok with calling the river bet with two pair to the ace.

Dave
Old 07-22-2005, 11:47 AM

Since this is NL, I would have pushed all-in on the turn and hoped for calls. Ten dollars seems way too small to me given that there is twenty dollars in the pot and a fair amount of river cards you don't want to see. Also, if opponents are drawing, they will fold the river if they miss, and might fold if your strong hands come home. I would like to get the money in on the turn with this monster.

As it was, I would call the river, because he is a goober and you have a decent hand both ways and are quite likely to catch him with nothing but top pair.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:00 PM

Thanks guys. Basically what I though, I got a little greedy when getting a monster hand against 2 fish and tried to suck them in. I should have just pushed the turn.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:27 PM

Actually, this is NL. The max would be his whole stack.

It would take the guesswork out of it, though.