Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 06-18-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Explain This (Or simply Dismiss And Ignore It)

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah if you conquer middle America, you win the polls... in other words, if you can appeal to a whole bunch of God-fearing country-lovin' buck-tooth conservatives, you got it made. (I can say "God-fearing country-lovin' buck-tooth conservatives" because that basically describes my family.)

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to conquering the world of millionaire trial lawyers, out of touch zillionaire "progressives, and ivory towered pseudo intellectuals and the ignorant/naive undergrads that suck up their drivel.

Ive made my choice. You have to make your own.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Britney, you wouldn't need such an elaborate pretext and staged event to marshall widespread support for an invasion of the Middle East.

All that would be necessary would be convince the American public that gasoline was going to $10/gal (or maybe $5 or $6) due to dwindling supplies, and the majority of Americans would be gung-ho to go and take over a country with nice big oilfields. I stopped reading here. My respect sir - Gone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-18-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah if you conquer middle America, you win the polls... in other words, if you can appeal to a whole bunch of God-fearing country-lovin' buck-tooth conservatives, you got it made. (I can say "God-fearing country-lovin' buck-tooth conservatives" because that basically describes my family.)

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to conquering the world of millionaire trial lawyers, out of touch zillionaire "progressives, and ivory towered pseudo intellectuals and the ignorant/naive undergrads that suck up their drivel.

Ive made my choice. You have to make your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, as opposed to city people in general... but that of course includes most of who you just named. I think I missed your point though.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Britney, you wouldn't need such an elaborate pretext and staged event to marshall widespread support for an invasion of the Middle East.

[/ QUOTE ]

All that would be necessary would be convince the American public that gasoline was going to $10/gal (or maybe $5 or $6) due to dwindling supplies, and the majority of Americans would be gung-ho to go and take over a country with nice big oilfields.

I stopped reading here. My respect sir - Gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the whole post was half in jest, but also probably more true than it would seem at first glance.

It's also probably closer to the $10 figure than the $5 figure.

At $10/gallon gasoline or thereabouts (in today's dollars), the economic damage to our country would be so great, if sustained over time, that there quite possibly might be no other choice than to go to war over oil. And if not at $10, then at, say, $15.

Sad or scary, indeed, but very possibly true.